Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hot Dates, Facial Hair and a New Slide!

To celebrate Lindsay's birthday (February 5), Lindsay and I spent a Friday and Saturday together in Julian at a cool Bed and Breakfast. Erik played with his Grandma and Grandpa in Ramona while we spent a fun, relaxing (and much needed) night to ourselves.



Just prior to our Julian getaway, I successfully completed my resolution for the new year, to grow a beard! Some people make resolutions that challenge themselves to reach new heights. Others make goals at the new year to improve humanity and the condition of those less fortunate than themselves. But not me. Not this year. I resolved to display my manliness to all I met by wearing it on my face! (Josh, my brother-in-law, tells me mustaches and the like promote issues of men's health). But I grew this work of art for purely selfish reasons.


Ultimately my beard proved too scratchy and water droplets would constantly remain after I drank anything, so I decided to display my manliness in more subtle ways, like performing acts of heroism. You know, like the things James Bond or border patrol agents do.

And alas, the slide Erik cannot get enough of. Santa sent it in the mail a week late. He said something about all the stores in San Diego County and the North Pole being out of this particular toy. So other things were left under the tree, and the mail man brought this shortly thereafter.

3 comments:

Lindsay and Family said...

You guys are so freaking hilarious! Let's hang out soon!

The Price Family said...

I am so so so glad you updated your blog. It was getting pretty ridiculous...

shelly said...

I always had plans to stay there, but we never did! I'm glad you got to get away! Happy Belated Birthday, Lindsay!