Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mardi Gras!!!

Even though Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is not until next Tuesday, the parades and celebrations started a couple of weeks ago. We went to a more family oriented parade in downtown Baton Rouge and had a blast. Erik was especially excited about the marching bands, floats and goodies thrown to the crowd.

The float riders try to get the stuffed animals and toys to the kids they see in the crowd and Erik came away with far more than just beads.


Laney's attention could not be drawn to the camera with the prade rolling by right next to her.

The kids loved the bright colors and flashing lights on the floats.


Here, Spencer makes an all-star grab of some beads from a passing float.

Even Laney got into the spirit of Mardi Gras!




This was a fun way to experience Mardi Gras as a family. And to think, the parades go for four more days!



















7 comments:

Lindsay and Family said...

Looks so fun! Your family is so cute, no wonder you had so many beads!

Jane said...

I love it! It looks so fun... I love Laney's glasses!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! What a perfect little family you have, you guys!

Tara said...

id like some of those pink flamingo sunglasses!

AJ said...

your growing family is adorable.

Melanie said...

wow! That is amazing! I've never been to Mardi Gras but have always been fascinated by it! Laney is so adorable! I can't believe she's already 6 months old! Time flies too fast! Are you guys planning any trips to Cali in the near future? We really miss you! Or better yet, come hang with us in Mesa :)

Emily Ringel said...

Spencer and Lindsay,
This is Nate Ringel. I haven't talked to you in a while. I am glad that I found you though. I would love to talk to you guys, I'm just not sure if you have the same phone number. Call me some time. 435-630-3694